Quantcast

Monday 14 April 2014

Today's Small Wonder: Ex-Ex-Cons

I went to see the London Marathon yesterday - the route passes my house less than two miles away.

It was a fantastic atmosphere with hundreds of people cheering on the runners and wheelchair racers. We were at mile 21 which, I'm told, is a really hard part of the race for the runners to find the motivation to go on. I was amazed to watch the blind runners, thinking how extra important our cheering must be for them.

While standing there, I struck up a conversation with the pleasant man beside me. As it turns out, he's an ex-gangster and ex-con, who now runs a mentoring charity for kids to try to convince them of the importance of education. An inspiring man. This is his charity: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Product-of-a-Postcode/206927572851563

What's your small wonder today? Pop over to the Small Wonders page and share :-)

(If you don't yet have your password for the club, you'll be prompted to drop a quick email to thecurvygirlsclub@gmail.com to get it right away)